HOT OFF THE PRESS NOW AVAILABLE
Book DetailsHardcover: 224 pages
Book Dimensions: 8.5 x 11
Retail Price: $54.95 (standard edition)
In commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of Nebraska statehood and the family farm, AKSARBEN and Acclaim Press are pleased to present this exciting new book, Nebraska Pioneer & Heritage Farms, celebrating our award-winning century farms.
In addition to the 61-year history of the Pioneer Farm Awards program, the book features a special chapter show-casing over 8,500 Nebraska award-winning farms.
The family farm is the very root of agriculture and is proud heritage. All of the farms included in this volume are officially certified and documented for inclusion in this book. Never has anything comparable to this been published.
ABOUT THE BOOK
- Timeline of important events in both Nebraska and U.S. farming history
- History of AKSARBEN
- Special feature on the Sod House, home of the early pioneers and overview of the importance of the state
- Nearly 500 individual farm histories, with hundreds of photographs
- Hundreds of historic and modern photographs of farming scenes and methods, crops and livestock, and farm families
- Complete roster listing thousands of Pioneer & Heritage Farm recipients through 2016
- 8 1/2 x 11 -inch, hardbound, with 224 pages printed on heavy gloss paper for superior photo reproduction, and a beautiful, burgundy leatherette cover with gold foil
Proceeds from the sale of this bookwill also help other communities and organizations preserve their historythrough Our American Heritage Project, a non-profit organization.