Since the early 1800s, when settlers came to explore the Jackson Purchase and Banister Wade made a permanent home along the West Fork of Clark’s River in 1820, the area that would become Calloway County has been a center for both agriculture and business, beautiful homes and rich traditions, a place where people are known for hard work, steadfast faith, and family values.
To celebrate the county’s upcoming 200th Anniversary in 2022, the Calloway County Fiscal Court is proud to announce a new comprehensive historical book of the county, its people and communities, with hundreds of photographs through the years.
This hardbound, library quality 8.5 x 11-inch coffee-table volume will be printed on heavy-weight gloss paper for superior photo reproduction, and will be beautifully bound in a rich leatherette cover with the Calloway County seal stamped in gold foil. Contents will include:
- Calloway County’s Prehistory and Early History
- The Wadesboro Years, 1822-1840
- Antebellum Days, 1840-1860
- The Civil War and Reconstruction, 1860-1890
- War at Home and Abroad, 1890-1920
- From the Roaring 20’s through the Great Depression, 1920-1941
- World War II and the Greatest Generation, 1941-1960
- Turbulence at Home and War Abroad, 1960-1980
- Years of Growth, 1980-2000
- The Twenty-first Century, 2000-2022
- Special section featuring the county’s historic businesses, churches, clubs, and organizations
- Hundreds of photographs depicting county life and events since the 1800s
- Indexed, plus much more!
Reserve your copies today and save 10% off the retail price!
$49.95 retail ($44.95 presale) $79.95 leather
Proceeds from the sale of this book will also help other communities and organizations preserve their history through Our American Heritage Project, a non-profit organization.
Product Dimensions: 8.5" X 11"
Cover Type: Hardcover