Since the early 1800s, when settlers came to explore the Jackson Purchase and Banister Wade made a permanent home along the West Fork of Clark’s River in 1820, the area that would become Calloway County has been a center for both agriculture and business, beautiful homes and rich traditions, a place where people are known for hard work, steadfast faith, and family values.
To celebrate the county’s 200th Anniversary in 2022, the Calloway County Fiscal Court is proud to announce a new comprehensive historical book of the county, its people and communities, with hundreds of photographs through the years.
This hardbound, library quality 8.5 x 11-inch coffee-table volume is printed on heavy-weight gloss paper for superior photo reproduction, and is beautifully bound in a rich leatherette cover with the Calloway County seal stamped in gold foil. Contents include:
- Calloway County’s Prehistory and Early History
- The Wadesboro Years, 1822-1840
- Antebellum Days, 1840-1860
- The Civil War and Reconstruction, 1860-1890
- War at Home and Abroad, 1890-1920
- From the Roaring 20’s through the Great Depression, 1920-1941
- World War II and the Greatest Generation, 1941-1960
- Turbulence at Home and War Abroad, 1960-1980
- Years of Growth, 1980-2000
- The Twenty-first Century, 2000-2022
- Special section featuring the county’s historic businesses, churches, clubs, and organizations
- Hundreds of photographs depicting county life and events since the 1800s
- Indexed, plus much more!
Proceeds from the sale of this book will also help other communities and organizations preserve their history through Our American Heritage Project, a non-profit organization.
Product Dimensions: 8.5" X 11"
Cover Type: Hardcover