The Trojan Knights Executive Board is pleased to announce that work has begun on a new commemorative coffee-table book honoring the history of the Knights and spotlighting its active members and alumni. In addition to a detailed history of the organization and its legacy of “Brotherhood, Spirit and Service,” this book will feature hundreds of biographical portraits and photos of members. All current and former Trojan Knights, along with families of deceased members, are urged to participate in this historic project.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Send in your personal biography. Biographies are brief vignettes (up to 150 words) listing highlights of your time as a Trojan Knight and, for alumni, your professional and family life since then. (See sample bios and submission information on page 2 and 3 of the attached brochure.) Please include two photos to accompany your biography—one of you as a student, the other a recent shot.
In addition to your biography and personal photos, you may submit historic photographs and special stories such as essays, anecdotes, tributes, memorials and other stories of interest that contribute to the book’s theme. These submissions can be up to 1,000 words and will be reviewed for possible inclusion.
This unique book will give us the opportunity to record our organization’s rich heritage, documenting our activities and history to inspire and educate future generations. IT IS FREE TO BE INCLUDED, and WE NEED ALL MEMBERS TO PARTICIPATE, so send in your submission TODAY.
You may also reserve your personal copy of this keepsake for only $59.95 This is a limited edition printing, and only those ordering now, before we go to press, will be assured of getting a copy. While there is no requirement to order a book to have your stories published, advance orders help to provide funding for the book. The more advance orders we receive, the more pages the book will contain and the more of your special stories we can include. Therefore, you are encouraged to reserve your copies by the July 31, 2020 deadline!
Join us in support of this historic project. Thank you and “Fight On!”
- Historical narrative of the Trojan Knights organization, including its leaders, awards, programs, growth and accomplishments, with accompanying illustrations
- A complete roster of all Knights and AlumnKnights as of 2021
- Submitted biographies and photos from members (see page 2 for examples and submission details)
- Hundreds of historic and modern photographs
- Research index and much more!
THREE WAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR HISTORY
- By mail. Biographies and historic articles should be typed and double-spaced. Photos should be originals or professional reproductions – not photocopies (all photos will be returned upon completion of the project). Historic photos should have a brief caption on the back. Mail to: Acclaim Press, P.O. Box 238, Morley, MO 63767.
- By e-mail. E-mail us at email@example.com. Attach your history as a Word document (please, no PDFs with text). Attach photos as .jpg, .tif or .pdf files, min. 300 dpi resolution. Please don’t embed photos into the Word document.
- Online. Click on the link or go to www.acclaimpress.com/books/trojan_knights and follow the directions for uploading your history and photos. A book purchase isn’t necessary to have your bio included in the book, but if you’d like to reserve a copy you can do so from that page also.
Proceeds from the sale of this book will also help other communities and organizations preserve their history through Our American Heritage Project, a non-profit organization.
Product Dimensions: 9" x 12"
ISBN: Pre-Sale Basis Only
Cover Type: Hardcover